Now that spring is here it’s time to freshen up your home with new light fixtures to match the season. To help you achieve the fresh, light and airy look of spring we are going to share few suggestions from the American Lighting Association newsletter. Consider these tips as you begin shopping for modern light fixtures to include in your home this spring.
- Replace dark shades with lighter ones. A small change, such as changing a shade on a table lamp, sconce or a chandelier, can freshen up a space without costing a lot. It is particularly important to use light-colored shades if surrounding paint colors and accents are darker in tone.
- Change the trim around recessed cans. Newer, more popular minimalist styles and a range of finishes are now available, whereas standard white trims used to be the only option.
- If the longer, brighter days bring more natural light into your room, try adding low-voltage lights as accents and spotlights instead of relying on a main overhead light source. Repositionable fixtures offer flexibility and control in directing light individually toward chairs and artwork.
- Get rid of the brass. This finish on fixtures was popular 20 years ago. They are a sure signal that lighting is outdated.
- Add some pizzazz over a dining table by exchanging a chandelier for a few pendants with colorful or patterned shades.
Need additional help lighting your home for spring? Visit Light Innovations today, we’re located at 9101 West Markham Street in Little Rock, AR.
Image from Holtkoetter Lighting