Many homeowners purchase homes with basements with the intention to use the area for additional living space, whether it be for a family room, entertainment room, gym or multi-space, yet many of them never do even when they’ve been finished. Oftentimes the reason being is because the lighting is so poor, but this is a problem that can easily be solved. To get the best lighting in your basement follow these tips:
- Maximize the amount of natural light by not covering windows with opaque materials.
- Amplify and reflect light by choosing light colored decor, including paint color and flooring.
- Be sure you have sufficient ambient/general lighting; it should be able to fully illuminate your space at night.
- Add accent lighting to areas you want to emphasize.
- Incorporate task lighting where it’s needed to carry out specific activities.
For additional help getting the best lighting in your basement with an affective lighting design and quality fixtures visit Light Innovations! today!