Elle Decor’s Bedroom Lighting Checklist
According to the American Lighting Association, you will want to answer “yes” to all of the following questions when figuring out whether you have the right kind of lighting inside your bedroom.
- Are you able to see well enough to get dressed?
- Do you have a light inside your bedroom closet?
- On either side of your bed, do you have individual reading lights?
- Do you have an overhead light source inside your bedroom?
- Is there enough light inside your bedroom for you to easily determine the colors of the clothes inside your drawers?
- When you built (or renovated) your bedroom, did you install electric outlets in convenient locations?
- If there are any dark corners inside your bedroom, are you able to illuminate them by filling them with portable light sources?
- Is there a dimmer installed on your overhead light source in your bedroom?
- Do you have lights at your dressing table for assisting with putting on makeup?