Thanksgiving is only days away making Christmas right around the corner and it’s time to begin planning the lighting for your holiday parties. Lighting plays a major role in the mood of your rooms on a daily basis, and it has vast responsibilities at a party as well. Keep these lighting tips in mind to have the best lighting at your holiday party:
- Dim the lights. Make your party feel cozy by using dimmers or switching to lower wattage bulbs.
- Use candles. Light from candles is more flattering, it also suggests that guests closely interact.
- Light from 3 sources. Avoid casting spotlights on people by starting off with 3 light sources. add more if needed.
- Avoid overhead light, use softlight instead. To keep lighting soft and flattering avoid overhead lights or dim them very low.
- Add a tablelamp to the bathroom. Continue the flow of flattering light by adding a lamp or candles in the bathroom so guests won’t have to use the overhead light.
Image and tips adapted from Apartment Therapy.