Tips for the Best Holiday Party Lighting
Thanksgiving is only days away making Christmas right around the corner and it’s time to begin planning the lighting for your holiday parties. Lighting plays a major role in the mood of your rooms on a daily basis, and it has vast responsibilities at a party as well. Keep these lighting tips in mind to have the best lighting at your holiday party:
- Dim the lights. Make your party feel cozy by using dimmers or switching to lower wattage bulbs.
- Use candles. Light from candles is more flattering, it also suggests that guests closely interact.
- Light from 3 sources. Avoid casting spotlights on people by starting off with 3 light sources. add more if needed.
- Avoid overhead light, use softlight instead. To keep lighting soft and flattering avoid overhead lights or dim them very low.
- Add a tablelamp to the bathroom. Continue the flow of flattering light by adding a lamp or candles in the bathroom so guests won’t have to use the overhead light.
Image and tips adapted from Apartment Therapy.