Did you pepper your bedroom with light fixtures based solely on their ability to complement its decor? If so, there is a chance that your room isn’t illuminated very well. To determine if you have proper lighting in your bedroom ask yourself these questions courtesy of The American Lighting Association:
- Can I see well enough to get dressed?
- Is there a light in the closet?
- Are there individual reading lights on each side of the bed?
- Is there an overhead light source?
- Do I have enough light to determine the colors of clothing in my drawers?
- Do I have a light source near the door?
- Have I installed outlets in convenient locations while building/renovating my bedroom?
- Can I fill dark corners with portable lighting sources?
- Do I have a dimmer installed on the overhead light source?
- Are there lights at the dressing table to help with makeup?
If you didn’t answer yes to every question and you would like help creating a lighting plan with all the right fixtures call or visit Light Innovations today!