Does your office at home have the appropriate type of lighting for getting work done? Are you thinking about fixing up the lighting inside your home office? Check out these excellent tips, courtesy of the American Lighting Association, on making sure your home office has the right kind of lighting.
- The general lighting inside your home office should be bright enough so that you’ll be able to work comfortably, but it should not be so bright that it causes a glare off of your computer screen and papers.
- In order to reduce glare, do not place light fixtures directly in front of your desk.
- Use desk lamps or floor lamps in order to supply task lighting for doing paperwork and reading inside your home office.
- Install pendant lights over your work area to provide great task lighting.
- If you have any framed certificates or artwork hanging on the walls inside your office, you can accent these easily with picture lights or track lighting.
Image courtesy of the American Lighting Association’s official website