Today is the 41st anniversary of Earth Day and Americans everywhere will be honoring the environment and raising awareness on the conservation of its resources. Have you been trying to come up ways you do your part in helping sustain the earth? You can start at home by taking steps to green your lighting. You may not realize it, but by making certain lifestyle changes you can conserve energy through something as small as your home lighting routine. Keep these tips in mind and green your home lighting for Earth Day:
- Turn the lights off each time you leave a room
- Use dimmers to adjust lighting to your actual needs
- Begin outfitting your light fixtures with LED and CFL bulbs now before the federal phase-out
- Use natural light as much as possible
- Use mood lighting in exchange for unflattering, energy wasting overhead lights
- Recycle old bulbs
Do you know of any other green home lighting tips? If so share them below in the comments section!