If you have ever worked under harsh overhead fluorescent lights, you know how important lighting can be while working. Poor lighting can contribute to computer glare and increase eye strain. Even monitor brightness can affect your eyes and can cause headaches and eye strain, which can certainly make working less than pleasant. If you are suffering from eye strain and want to improve your office lighting, here are a few tips that can help (according to safecomputingtips.com)
- Make sure lighting isn’t too bright.
- Avoid white reflective furniture.
- If you are using a desk lamp, choose a low wattage light bulb. Direct light toward papers, not eyes.
- Use blinds or drapes to eliminate outdoors light.
- Avoid bright lighting on your monitor.