Did you have a chance to visit the Little Rock Home Show over the weekend? If so did you find any lighting inspiration for the rooms in your home? If you attended the show looking for kitchen lighting inspiration we hope you left with a few ideas. To help you make your lighting dreams a reality we are going to share some tips in planning your kitchen lighting.
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Find out how many watts your current circuit in the kitchen can handle. In order to do this, multiply the amps by the volts. Most circuits have 120 volts. It’s a good rule of thumb to use your circuit up to 80 percent of its capacity.
- Consider the condition of your current wiring, older homes may need rewiring.
- Think about the areas you would like to add more light to and consider design styles.
- Choose overhead light fixtures first. Recessed fixtures distribute lighting nicely, and serve as a good first “layer” of light. Pendant lights also work well for general overhead lighting. Several pendant lights grouped together can add a stylish touch.
- Decide on task lighting. Under cabinet lights are essential and are available in various bulb types. Areas over the sink and island also call for extra task lighting, which can be achieved with pendants.
- Choose accent lighting, such as over cabinet lighting to create a pleasant aesthetic effect. Wall sconces can be used to add an unsuspecting and interesting element of design.
- Assess your newly-lit kitchen and decide if the lighting is adequate.
Be sure to visit Light Innovations and choose from our wide selection of light fixtures to include in your kitchen.
Tips from Pegasus Lighting.